Stream Building, an ambitious mixed-use project
Winner of the Réinventer Paris competition, the mixed-use Stream Building project is in the heart of a fast-growing district, the Clichy-Batignolles ZAC, opposite the new Paris Court of Justice and closed to a 10-hectare urban park. It has great views of the surrounding area and is easily accessible, with line 14 located at the foot of the building.
With its architecture designed by PCA-STREAM, Stream Building is spread over 16,200 m² of floor space and over 8 floors:
- 9,600 m² of offices and services (ground floor to 5th floor),
- 1,100 m² of retail spaces (ground floor to 1st floor), including a brasserie,
- 5,500 m² hotel and long-term stay residence with 109 Loft rooms (6th floor to 8th floor) operated by Zoku,
- 700 m² of social spaces with restaurant, bar, coworking area and event space (8th floor) operated by Zoku,
- and a 190 m² rooftop connected to the hotel..
Focusing on mixing synergies between the different spaces in its program, Stream Building has been designed as a real ecosystem, a modern hub that brings together all the activities of urban life under one roof.
In addition to its exceptional location, its unique mix of uses and workspaces allows Stream Building to offer its occupants an entire range of services to facilitate their daily lives: such as a welcoming work café offering a barista and concierge service, a catering service, a space for meetings and conferences, a fitness area, a mobile application, 22 parking spaces, half of which are equipped for electric vehicles, and around 200 bicycle spaces.
Stream Building is also a benchmark for innovation and carbon footprint reduction, with a mix of wood and concrete architecture and incorporating a rooftop vegetable garden: which includes a hop facade and solar panels.
Finally, Stream Building is aiming for the highest certifications and labels: BBCA, Effinergie +, HQE tertiary Exceptional, BREEAM Excellent, Environmental and sustainable development specisifications for the Clichy-Batignolles ZAC, Paris Climate Plan and E+C-.
The programmatic and architectural reflection of this mixed, modular and responsible building is the result of a participative co-design method, coordinated by PCA-STREAM, around an international and multidisciplinary team. A public consultation was also organized to gather the wishes and needs of residents regarding the expected shops.
Zoku, a new approach to facilitating the ‘Future of Work’
Zoku, a new hotel brand in France,will operate the hotel residence in the Stream Building program from the end of 2022. With a unique concept and surface area of 5,500 m², this hybrid hotel offer 109 Loft rooms, as well as a variety of communal living and coworking spaces: including a restaurant, bar, workspaces and event space. These convivial places, as well as the 190 m² rooftop, are open to the public.
Born in Amsterdam in 2016, Zoku expanded internationally to Copenhagen and Vienna in 2021. Described as a home-office hybrid with hotel services, Zoku offers a relaxed place to live, work and socialize across major European hubs. Whether you need a bedroom, dining room, office, or meeting room, their custom spaces can change configuration and be transformed on demand, thanks to modular furniture and the unique design of their Lofts. Zoku is aimed at professional business clientele who seeks comfort and efficiency in both work and leisure.
This transaction opens the way for a new partnership for Covivio with a particularly innovative brand such as Zoku, who will diversify our Parisian hotel offer. Zoku stands out for its hybrid positioning between a hotel and an office, a concept that is totally consistent with Stream Building’s ambitions to mix uses and spaces. Through this partnership, we continue to support the most dynamic hotel brands in their development in new territories, while contributing to the regeneration of the customer experience in Europe.Christophe Kullmann
CEO at Covivio
As from the start of the Reinventer Paris competition, Zoku was enthusiastic about the Stream Building: its mixed-use character, 24/7 vision and sustainable wooden structure all perfectly fit with Zoku’s core company values. We are excited to be partnering with Covivio, a strong real estate investor who is keeping the customer in the center point of its attention. Zoku works closely with its target audience and puts people at the center of its design. Especially in today’s world, where human connections have been limited for some time, this is paramount to deliver maximum value and relevance to our guests.Marc Jongerius
Co-Founder and Managing Director at Zoku
Stream Building in a nutshell
- Architecture by PCA-STREAM
- Zoku interior design by Concrete
- A building with 16,200 m² of floor space on 8 floors
- A variety of vegetation with a 300 m² vegetable garden and facade with hops and plants
- A strategic location opposite the new Paris Court of Justice: within the redesigned Clichy Batignolles ZAC and in high visibility from the ring road, with metro line 14 at the foot of the building
- A benchmark building in terms of environmental innovation
- Numerous certifications and labels targeted for the following offices: Effinergie+, HQE tertiary Exceptional, BREEAM Excellent, Paris Climate Plan, CPEDD of the Clichy-Batignolles ZAC, BBCA, E+C-
- Co-investment by Covivio and Assurances du Crédit Mutuel, co-promotion by Covivio and Hines France
- Delivery scheduled for the summer 2022