Dividend

What is the amount of the Covivio dividend?

The dividend for the year 2019, to be approved by the shareholders at the General Meeting of 22 April 2020, amounts to €4.80 per share.

It will also be proposed to the Geneal Meeting the option to receive the dividend in shares, on the basis of a price corresponding to 90% of the average share price of the 20 market days before the General Meeting of April 22, less the dividend.

The Dividend of €4.80 break downs as such :

  • A gross amount of €4.0494 paid out from Covivio’s earnings exempt from corporate income tax in accordance with the SIIC regime. It is therefore not eligible for the 40% tax rebate
  • A gross amount of €0.7506 paid out from Covivio’s earnings not exempt from corporate income tax. This part of the dividend is not eligible for the 40% tax rebate except if the beneficiary opts for taxation at the sliding income tax scale.

Two tax deductions withheld at source are applied on the dividend (gross amount before deduction): income tax prepayment of 12.8%* (if the shareholder has not sent in a request for exemption) and social security contributions at a rate of 17.2%, representing a total deduction of 30% withheld at source.
In this way:

  • the net amount received by a Covivio shareholder who has not sent in a request for exemption will be €3.600 per share, after deducting €4.80 x 30% of deductions withheld at the source,
  • the net amount received by a Covivio shareholder who has sent in a request for exemption will be €3.9744 per share, after deducting €4.80 x 17.2% of deductions withheld at the source.

* The 12.8% income tax prepayment is deducted when the dividend is paid. If the beneficiary opts for taxation at the sliding income tax scale, this 12.8% deduction is set off against the income tax due for the year that the dividends are received. If it exceeds the tax due, the surplus will be returned. As a result, the prepayment deducted in 2018 will be set off against the taxes due in 2019 on the basis of the revenues received in 2018. If the beneficiary does not opt for taxation at the sliding income tax scale, the deduction is finale.

The taxation mentionned in this page applies to French resident taxpayer.

What is the schedule of Covivio dividend ?

  • 27 April 2020: detachment of coupon
  • 29 April to 18 May 2020 included : exercise period of the option to the receive the dividend in shares
  • 22 May 2020: dividend payment

  Find here the main informations about Covivio dividend.

  For 2016 activity For 2017 activity For 2018 activity For 2019 activity
Dividend €/share 4,40 € 4,50 € 4,60 € 4,80 €
– SIIC dividend 2,86 € 4,50 € 4,452 € 4,0494 €
– Non-SIIC dividend 0,51 € 0 0,1479 € 0,7506 €
– Additional paid-in capital 1,03 € 0 0 0