Stream Building seduced its new tenant thanks to its strategic location, high quality working and shared spaces, and the premium services that Covivio offers. This fast-growing company in the new technologies sector, already located in the Clichy-Batignolles ZAC (business zone), chose this site for its new Paris office, signing a rental agreement for a 9-year lease. The future tenant will install its teams in all the building’s office space (5 floors from the first to the fifth).
This lease confirms the advantages of Stream Building, a mixed and environmentally responsible project, designed as an ecosystem that exploits synergies to generate some of its own resources. The building brings together all the activities of a busy city life under one roof (offices – retail – hotels – leisure space), and reflects the changing nature of working life and lifestyles, while integrating perfectly into its environment.
Covivio already announced in February that it had signed a management agreement with Zoku to open the brand’s first French hotel occupying 5,500 m² of the Stream Building.
Stream Building, 16,200 m² of mixed-use space
Stream Building project was a winner of the Réinventer Paris competition and is located at the heart of Clichy-Batignolles ZAC opposite the new Paris Court of Justice. It is 5 minutes from a 10-hectare city park with ideal accessibility, including Metro line 14 at the building’s entrance.
Designed by architects PCA-STREAM, Stream Building has 16,200 m² of floor space spread across 8 floors:
- 9,600 m² of office and service (ground to fifth floor),
- 1,100 m² of street front retail surfaces (ground floor and part of the first floor), including a bar/restaurant,
- 5,500 m² of hotel and long-stay residential space including 109 loft rooms (sixth to eighth floor) run by Zoku with,
- 700 m² of social space with restaurant, bar, coworking and event space (eighth floor), run by Zoku,
- and a 190 m² rooftop terrace connected to the hotel.
The office spaces can also call on a wide range of services: a work café with barista and concierge services, a mobile app to manage life in the building, 22 parking spaces, including a section equipped for electric vehicles and around 200 bike slots.
A benchmark in low-carbon real estate
Stream Building is also a benchmark for sustainable innovation and reduction of carbon footprint, with a wood/concrete structure, a kitchen-garden on the roof, and hops grown on the façade, a green inset and solar panel.
The building targets top levels of certification and labels: BBCA, Effinergie+, HQE tertiary Exceptional, BREEAM Excellent, Cahier des Prescriptions Environnementales et de Développement Durable (CPEDD) for the Clichy-Batignolles ZAC, Plan Climat Paris and E+C-.
Stream Building combines what Covivio sees as the 3 essential dimensions of a building project. First, the community, with mixed spaces for meeting and exchange. Second, the physical environment, with an inspiring design and codes that reflect the culture of tenant companies. Finally, well-being, with a service offering that meets the needs of the top BtoC brands. This commercial success illustrates two of our distinctive qualities: first, Covivio’s advisory skills, which meant we were able to support the customer from the very early stages of their project, and second, our expertise in mixed projects, reflecting the expectations of users and the regions. Finally, this project is a superb piece of teamwork done with PCA-STREAM, Hines France and Assurances du Crédit Mutuel.Olivier Estève
Deputy CEO, Covivio
Stream Building in brief
- 16,200 m² floor space on 8 storeys.
- Architecture by PCA-STREAM
- Internal design by Zoku fitted by Concrete
- Greened throughout with a 300 m² roof garden, hops growing up one façade and a green inset
- A strategic location in front of the new Paris Law Courts, as part of the redesigned Clichy Batignolles ZAC (business zone), with high visibility from the Paris ring-road and located next to Metro line 14
- A landmark building for environmental innovation
- Many certifications and labels for the offices: Effinergie+, HQE tertiary Exceptional, BREEAM Excellent, Plan Climat Paris, CPEDD of ZAC Clichy-Batignolles, BBCA, E+C-
- Co-investment between Covivio and Assurances du Crédit Mutuel, co-development between Covivio and Hines France
- Delivery scheduled for summer 2022.