A visionary tower
Conceived in the 1960s by US architects Harrison & Abramovitz, the tower was given a new look by Saguez & Partners design agency, first in 2008 then again in 2021, in order to offer a unique experience amid inspiring and resolutely elegant living areas.
Responding to current challenges
With regard to energy, the CB21 Tower has pursued high standards over the years in terms of its operation, energy expenditure and renovation quality.
In December 2022, the CB21 Tower was an award-winner in the “Bâtiment de la ligue Cube Paris-La Défense” category at the CUBE 2020 awards, in recognition of its environmental performance.
CB21 was recognised for reducing its energy consumption by 23% and CO2 emissions by over 17% in 2022.
This performance was primarily achieved through the following measures:
- Remote real-time monitoring of consumption for over three years with the aid of an energy manager;
- Energy performance contract since 2018;
- Innovative fittings including, since 2021, energy recovery lifts used to power lighting in the various lobbies;
- Low-carbon policy based on a long-term works plan and sourcing of 100% green electricity.
CB21: a true heaven of nature
An oasis of greenery amidst a mineral environment, CB21’s 1,500 m² grounds are a kaleidoscopic maze of twisting trails, planted areas and landscaping features each exuding its own distinct atmosphere. Nowhere else in Paris-La Défense can you stroll around, meet people and breathe freely in such inspiring surroundings.
Certifications & awards
- French HQE Exploitation -Sustainable Management component: Exceptional – Sustainable Building component: Excellent
- BREEAM Refurbishment – Good
- 1st place in the 2022 CUBE 2020 awards
Supporting artistic creation
As a signatory of the “1 building, 1 piece of art” Charter, Covivio supports artistic creation with a view to making it accessible to as many people as possible. As such, we commissioned Hugo Servanin, a young graduate of EnsAD (École nationale supérieure des Arts Décoratifs), to create a work: inspired by Edouard Manet’s painting Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe, Hugo’s Objet 10 establishes a link between impressionism and artificial intelligence.
The CB21 tower in 3 words
Want to know more?
Like to talk to our teams? Looking for support with your project?